Thursday 11 February 2010

27th January 2010 - Sandy's Open Mic at the Clutha Vaults

I finally managed to get back to the Clutha Vaults tonight, for Sandy's Open Mic sessions. I unfortunately arrived a little late, as it had already started, but I was very warmly greeted by all my friends whom I had not seen for quite a while!
Fraser Lindsay was up after my arrival, and played a beatiful instrumental followed by his version of 'The Seeker' by The Who.
Ger McDade then took to the stage singing two of his own songs including Hello Lois [I think that was the title].
Fraser's pal Robert then sang 'My old friend the blues' followed by 'May you never...'
Bob Leslie, also just back after a long absence, then took the stage singing a lovely new ballad song 'If tomorrow comes' followed by 'It'll last another day' both composed by Bob himself.
Sandy then gave us a quick song and was followed by Elspeth, accompanied on guitar by Bob, singing 'Autumn Leaves' and then a Neil Young song 'After the Goldrush'.
Jerry MacAtamany then sang 'Positively 4th street' and then 'What made Milwakee famous'
Stuart Workman then went on stage and sang 'Reflections'and the Leonard Cohen song 'Manhatten'.
Alan Stewart, with Fraser Lindsay, gave us a couple of songs including 'One night stand'.
Annie Fagin then sang 'Ramona' acompanied on guitar by Sandy.
Stuart and Jenny then came to the stage, also with Bob, and gave us 'Pharoh's army' and then the beautiful ballad 'Moon River'.
Andy (the candy)Logan then got everyone joining in with a bit of country music 'On the road again' followed by 'Games people play'.
Finally Duncan Adams performed 'Here comes my Baby' and finished the evening with the ever popular 'Where am I gonna live'.

After the performance sessions there then followed a short jam session at the tables, with much harmony and laughter!

An excellent evening, enjoyed by all.

On a related note, Sandy informed everyone that the gig for Davie Ritchie had raised £2240.00!!

No comments: